Brotherhood of Eradication
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

B.o.E - Clan Forum for League of Legends. - B.o.E.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
aroy1
Murderer of Eradication
Murderer of Eradication

Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build) Empty
PostSubject: Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build)   Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build) EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 1:14 pm

So I am known for a wickedly unique but good build on gankplank. Alot of people go straight crit/dmg on him and sure thats a decent build but the big issue with it is you die very quickly in team fights if targeted. Your damage will be high even going an Off tank build with some damage items. Now I play gankplank sorta like a ww as a off tank/iniator with good dmg out put. Im a tell you all the ways of the greatest pirate to walkthe face of the earth!!! Mad

Rule #1 to playing gankplank- try to get double solo or mid reason is because if you deny creeps then you can keep your double lane 2-4 levels behind your whole team, taking mid you can keep them semi even with side lanes and underfarmed mind you.

Do this by starting by the nexus and first creep to leave twards your lane you shoot using your raise morale ability (remember denying creeps only works when they outta range so try to force them back with a parley or by hitting first creep or tank passing your tower. You should be able to deny 2 minions by the time they met to fight in lane leaving your opponent 2 minions of xp and gold behind you.

Rule #2 to playing gankplank use parley early game for farming/last hitting not harrassing until the right time (usualy around lvl 4-5)

You farm well by last hitting with parley because it keeps you out of nuke range from your opposers and gives you gold bonus allowing you to farm items alot faster earlier in game.

Rule #3 to playing gankplank- lvl 6 should equal either 2 assist or double kill maybe even just a kill. But this is when you start to tear apart your enemy team

so how this works is lvl 4-5 you should of parley your opponent's like 3-6 times maybe more meaning they are below half unless they heal. so you drop ulti on them near your tower alil twards there exscape route and parley first then auto attack till parley comes back. Now always target the guy without flash or ghost if they have 1 or other go for guy with flash. (pretty much go for easier kill)

Rule #4 to playing gankplank- Always play smart dont ever over commit.

Now this means dont take on 3 guys when its just you wait for your jungler to give you assistance. (jungle amumu and gankplank lvl 6 equal gg lol)
Dont be scared to use ult to defend tower from creeps or to scare people off its not that long of cd plus i get cd reduction items fro ult/heal/ and plrley.

some key points to gank plank. Use not only raise morale for denying creeps but also for pushing towers the increase attack speed is nice. Ulti great for iniating and ganking opponents or just getting assist or killing low life champs at tower.

Time to go over leveling basis of skills.
lvl 1- raise morale (deny minions)
lvl 2-parley (use for just last hitting)
lvl 3 & 4- Remove scurry (unless they are not harrassing well then 1 point remove scurvy next in parley)
lvl 5-parley
level 6- Ulti cannon barrage (cannon balls ftw)

after early game you can max out parley first and remove scurvy next but i like alternating between the 2(get ulti when it comes up) my reason for this is my build has 2 core items to it which i will explain later but the heal is amazing in it and can be the reason you live and get a kill rather then the 1v1 tradeoff.

summoner spells.
I personally like clarity and teleport for double solo keeps you in lane forever (allows amazing farming and survivability) But if you can manage to get rid of tp or clarity not both pick up exhaust especially if your team mates wont grab it. Reasons for teleport and clarity so clarity i usually pop around lvl3 to keep last hitting with parley and harrassing. Then lvl 6 you recall to base and get your first items norm reg boots and avarice blade to help with crit and farming or magic reist (400 cost item use for spirit visage next time your at base) you tp back to lane ulti and kill especially if your jungler comes and gives you a hand. If you get rid of tp get jungler to either hold lane or go for kill without items but only if you know you got em. Always be aware of your map dont push too hard early game or a jungler or mid may gank you because of how well your farming.

Items

Now my build changes every game because no team is ever the same 2 games in a row. Just unlikely. But my core items i rush are boots of swiftness (merc treads usualy not mandatory because of remove scurvy ability to escape the speed from swiftness helps you kill and chase) 1-avarice blade(crit is nice and gold is always good early game) then i rush spirit visage (omg try to kill me more ill just heal myself right back to full!!! this is the early-mid game key to your success on survivability)
Then get a frozenmallet this allows you too slow and keep people slowed using your speed from boots of swiftness to chase and parley to slow at this point getting you in range to auto attack them to death(remind you ulti also slows so now you have 3 ways of slowing people) Okay next is to explain how you build based on teams. If they have alot of ad and auto attack champs (tristana, kogmaw, ashe,tryndamere,yi,jax) well your favorite item is going to be a thornmail. But if they have alot of magic dmg then you can go Force of nature or bansheveil based on prefrence and what you need. After this you can start to get your damage. First 2 and favorite items would be either infidity edge for crit and dmg or black cleaver for stack with parley really can help your team out especially if they have tanky team.

Twards end of game you can sell spirit visage because it looses its touch with the amount of burst other team should be doing at this point. So sell it and pick up something for damage or crit unless you need more survivability then pick up either more magic resist or a atmas impaler. This is my favorite item build and should turn out like this 1-boots of swiftness 2-spirit visage 3-frozenmallet 4-thornmail/FoN 5-Infidity edge/black cleaver (should of sold avarice blade for better crit/dmg item if they have mundo or healer get a excuitioners blade instead avarice blade all together) 5-yagwmoths ghostblade/atmas impaler 6-get oposite of what you got earlier for dmg or get more survivability but this item is all based on game.

well this is my build on tank-plank hope it works for you as it has worked for me many times over again. any questions pm me in game or on here i still check occasionally. leave comments feedback is good. But if you dont think it works then watch me play and you will change your mind I promise that!

-Aroy1
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Murderer of Eradication
Murderer of Eradication
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build)   Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build) EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Whats your average k/d ratio with him? Because im getting gangplank after miss forutune soz...im wondering if this is a good build or not.
Back to top Go down
aroy1
Murderer of Eradication
Murderer of Eradication

PostSubject: Re: Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build)   Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build) EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 6:16 pm

first off the game isnt about k/d ration ryu if your worried bout that then league of legends isnt the proper game for you. its a team game but my k/d is always positive lately i go like 10-4-23 or stuff close to that. all depends on what i have to do that game, but remember i dont play him as straight carry i play him as role of supposrtive damage with off tank potential.
Back to top Go down
xXZDeadpoolZXx
Father of Eradication
Father of Eradication
xXZDeadpoolZXx

PostSubject: Re: Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build)   Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:17 pm

This sounds weird but also unique and different. Gonna have to try this one out.
Back to top Go down
https://b-o-e.forummotion.com
UnarmedTank
Murderer of Eradication
Murderer of Eradication
UnarmedTank

PostSubject: Re: Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build)   Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build) EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:50 pm

I can vouch for Aroy on this build. Pretty damn impressive in most of the games I've seen him build this. On a side note... SONA WAS NERFED! ;.;
Back to top Go down
xXZDeadpoolZXx
Father of Eradication
Father of Eradication
xXZDeadpoolZXx

PostSubject: Re: Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build)   Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build) EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:48 pm

Well looks like your gonna be fired off the team than unarmed. Unless you do a little dance out back.
Back to top Go down
UnarmedTank
Murderer of Eradication
Murderer of Eradication
UnarmedTank

PostSubject: Re: Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build)   Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build) EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:27 pm

Does the robot count as a dance?
Back to top Go down
xXZDeadpoolZXx
Father of Eradication
Father of Eradication
xXZDeadpoolZXx

PostSubject: Re: Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build)   Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:24 am

No im talkin lapdance.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Murderer of Eradication
Murderer of Eradication
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build)   Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 1:14 pm

Guys doing lapdances on other guys!? Shocked Also ill try this build before i do anything.
Back to top Go down
UnarmedTank
Murderer of Eradication
Murderer of Eradication
UnarmedTank

PostSubject: Re: Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build)   Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 7:12 pm

Son of a.... Sigh...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build)   Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build) Empty

Back to top Go down

Aroys- Tank-Plank (gankplank build)
Page 1 of 1